Assalamualaikum
Hi guys, it has been a long time since I posted the last entry.
So, what I am gonna share with you guys today?
Hmmm.... I am gonna tell you one time, one time, one time. HAHAHA... just kidding. I was just singing Justin Bieber's single One Time.
OK, back to my topic.
So, do you see the pictures above?
Well, that is what we call "Burasak"
Maybe this is the first time some of you ever heard of this food.
It is actually the tradition food for orang2 Bugis la.h0h0
It is usually prepared during Hari Raya. One of the main dishes apart from Ketupat.
Very delicious when it is eaten with asam pedas ikan parang etc.
But, some people, who are not orang2 Bugis do not like Burasak.
For example, my brother in law. He is org Jawa.h0h0.... He is not really into it.
How to make it?
The ingredients are just so simple BUT it is going to be alot of work to be done.huhu~~
First, we need to cook the rice, adding santan. It is just like making nasi lemak.
After the rice is cooked, take about a ladle of the rice and wrap it with daun pisang.
Haa, in order to make the Burasak smells good *according to what my father said* and easier to wrap without tearing the banana leaf, choose only daun pucuk pisang.
After we have wrapped about 6 pieces of Burasak, arrange them on top with one another.
Wrap again the 6 pieces with a bigger banana leaf. Here we can use daun pisang tua.
Wrap and wrap like a wrapping a birthday present and tie it with any appropriate rope.
Finally, you cook again the Burasak by boiling it for about 5-6 hours *I think*
Usually I only help to wrap Burasak and then just vanish to nowhere.
By the time I come back to the kitchen, Burasak is ready to eat. *how lucky*
So I presume Burasak need about 5-6 hours to boil.
Need quite a lot of work, isn't it?
*tetibe teringat lemang, ketupat palas.yummy2* @_@
ok, goodbye. till then
blimey @@ ....
ReplyDeletenever heard of that..
sekali tgk mcm lepat..lepat adalah sjnis kuih..hehe..
ReplyDeleteemy: ni nak habaq la nie.hihi
ReplyDeletelela: aah, cam lepat je bentuknya. rasa je lain.h0h0
lepat tau...lepat pisang ..nyamnyam..
ReplyDeletelepat yay, burasak nay...
ReplyDeletei think we're not meant 4 each other (burasak n me)... is it bcoz im jawa? hehehe
idop mknan tradisi!
azza: belum cuba belum taw, sudah cuba hari2 mau.acece....
ReplyDeletemknn tradisi jawa? hurmm... i love tempe, sambal goreng even i'm not jawa.hee~~